The RhinoBond® System of Mechanically Attached Roofing
RhinoBond® is a non-penetrating membrane system to attach TPO roofing (thermoplastic-polyolefin) and PVC roofing (polyvinyl-chloride).
RhinoBond® uses a patented electromagnetic induction welding process to bond the underside of the membrane roofing to the top of the fastener plates. This system offers a 100% bond between underside of membrane roofing and top of plates to ensure a total, even, and consistent adhesion of the membrane roofing.
This all-in-one system also uses the same fastener and plate to secure the membrane and the insulation to the deck without penetrating the roofing material. The result is a Factory Mutual-approved system that does not create any point of entry for moisture, requires fewer fasteners, fewer seams and provides superior wind uplift performance.
A NON-PENETRATING ROOFING SOLUTION
RhinoBond® is a superior, non-penetrating solution to attach TPO or PVC roofing membranes by electromagnetic induction welding. The RhinoBond® system uses a patented stand-up induction welding machine to fuse the membrane to the plates. Simply placing the machine above the plate and activating it for a few seconds starts the bonding process. Then a RhinoBond® weighted magnet is placed on top of the plate for a couple of minutes to form a strong, welded bond.
- Zero penetrations of the roof cover
- Faster Install… quick dry-in; staged installation option
- Fewer Hassles… no half sheets in perimeter – and less seams too
- High Wind Uplift Capability… FM approved system details available
- Typically uses 25% to 50% fewer fasteners compared to traditional fastener methods
- Up to 30% fewer seams versus traditional fastener methods
- No Adhesives… no waiting for cure, no fumes, no mess, no empty pails
- NO VOC… safer for the environment, non-polluting-LEED Credit Eligible
- Less Flutter… optimized attachment across entire sheet
- No Flammable Storage Issues… at shop, transport, or on roof